Located in the heart of the historic center of Desenzano, the church of St. Giovanni Decollato dates back to the eighteenth century. In the troubled years between the 18th and 19th centuries, the church was used as a warehouse for firewood and hay, in the service of the troops stationed in the nearby castle of the city. Following the numerous insistences and supplications by the population, finally, on January 1st, 1815, the church of St. John was restored to its function and returned to worship. The interior presents a single room, with a barrel vault. Among the elements of particular value, we can admire the high altar (1707-1708) and the bronze portal, depicting in the bas-reliefs the Gospel story of the life of St. John the Baptist.